Deaf Australia is calling for interested members of the Deaf Community wishing to serve on the board of the World Federation of the Deaf in 2015.
Only Deaf Australia, being the Ordinary Member of World Federation of the Deaf can make nomination to WFD. Deaf Australia can only submit one nomination.
Nominations are now invited for the positions of
- Vice – President
These positions will be elected during the XIX General Assembly of the WFD in Istanbul, Turkey, 26-27 July 2015. Each elected board shall serve for a term of four (4) years, and may be re-elected.
At present, Mr. Colin Allen is the Australian’s nominee and is elected as WFD President. Mr. Colin Allen has been serving on the board of WFD since 2003.
Expression of interest must be received by Deaf Australia no later than Friday 7 November 2014. Deaf Australia board will review all Expression of Interests and submit nomination to WFD before 23 January 2015. Deaf Australia reserves the right to nominate.
Expression of Interest must include the following:
- A short Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English (no more than one page); and
- A written submission outlining the following:
- Capacity to represent Deaf Australia and members of Deaf Australians at the national and international levels;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills of national and international deaf communities; and
- Outline strategy and level of support required for effective participation to board meetings.
Conditions of Nomination:
- Is an active member of Deaf Australia; and
- Participate in awareness activities to increase profile of Deaf Australia and the Australian deaf community.
Please submit your Expression of Interest to Kyle Miers, Chief Executive of Deaf Australia at email@example.com.