In memory of Dorothy E. Shaw, OAM
The Deaf Australian Youth of the Year Award recognises one Deaf youth each year for his/her dedication, services, and contribution to the Australian Deaf Community.
Nominees for this award can be an individual deaf person, under the age of 25, living anywhere in Australia, who has made exceptional contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Develops programs and activities aimed at supporting Deaf youth
- Supports Deaf people in social and cultural activities
- Presents a positive image of Deaf people
- Undertakes research programs to promote better understanding of the Deaf community, its language and culture
- Establishes successful co-ordination of affirmative action aimed at Deaf people
- Provides high quality services enabling Deaf people to participate in community activities
- Provides programs to increase options and opportunities for Deaf employees and clients
- Improves access to technology
- In any other way has benefited Deaf people or the Deaf community.
Please read the guidelines before nominating.Download the guidelines here (PDF 310KB)
Nominations can be submitted in written English using the form below, or in Auslan and sent directly to Deaf Australia. If submitting in Auslan; please make sure you cover all the same criteria as the written English nomination form.
CLOSING DATE FOR NOMINATIONS: WEDNESDAY, 21 September 2016 at 5.00PM
Nominations received after the closing date will not be considered.Nominate someone now! Click here to complete a nomination form.