Do you know someone who should be recognised for their outstanding work to improve the lives of people with disability?
Nominations are now open for the 2013 National Disability Awards.
The Awards are held each year as part of the International Day of People with Disability celebrations. They honour and recognise the outstanding achievements of individuals, teams and organisations that have improved the lives of people with disability, and contribute to increased recognition of equality and human rights for all Australians.
There are nine Award categories:
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Disability
- Emerging Leaders Award in Disability
- Excellence in Accessible Communities Award
- Excellence in Improving Social Participation Award
- Excellence in Advocacy & Rights Promotion Award
- Excellence in Improving Employment Opportunities Award
- Excellence in Improving Personal and Community Support Award
- Excellence in Improving Education Outcomes Award
- Excellence in Improving Health Outcomes Award.
Please spread the word among your own networks, and nominate a person or organisation you think has done a great job in improving conditions for Deaf people in Australia.
Nominations close 5PM AEST Friday 28 June 2013. Nominate now!