Deaf Australia are excited to announce that registrations are now open for the M-Enabling Australasia 2013 conference and showcase being held on 14-15 August in Sydney.
This is shaping up to be a fantastic event, with two days of discussion and practical demonstrations focused on how mobile technologies can benefit people with disability and older people.
Mobile technology is a potential game changer for people with disability and many older people; providing access and inclusion through usable, accessible and affordable mobile equipment and services.
This event is the first of its kind to be held in the southern hemisphere, and is an excellent opportunity to be part of discussions involving local and international experts on accessible technologies, mobile service providers, developers, manufacturers, retail and business groups, regulators, policymakers, and organisations representing people with disability and older people.
The keynote speakers will be Axel Leblois, President and Executive Director, Global Initiative for Inclusive Information and Communications Technology (G3ICT) and Karen Peltz Strauss, Deputy Chief, Consumer and Government Affairs, US Federal Communications Commission. Further speakers will be announced in the coming weeks but plan to register before June 14 to receive a discount (ACCAN members will receive an additional discount).
The themes for the conference include:
- How mobile technology enables increased participation and productivity
- Why M-Enabling matters to Australia – the Australian market and local demographics
- Shaping future market technologies by collaborating on M-Enabling opportunities
- International perspectives: with keynote speakers from the US
- App developers and hardware manufacturers – what works for consumers and what’s technically possible
- Service delivery – perspectives from health, tourism, transport, education, financial and emergency services
M-Enabling Australasia 2013 is a joint partnership between ACCAN and Telstra in cooperation with G3ict and EJ Krause & Associates.
Book your place
For a program, prices and to book your place at M-Enabling Australasia 2013 please visit the conference website www.regonline.com.au/m-enabling