We are excited to announce the Colin Allen AM Lecture 2023 is now open for nominations. Why this lecture? It’s an opportunity for the deaf community to present on the themes that are important to the Deaf community. We have different themes:
- Deaf Community (national and international)
- Human rights
- Sign language rights
- International Development
- Deaf Theatre
More information is available on the DA website.
This is a great opportunity to nominate a deaf person to present at the National Week of Deaf People (NWDP).
We have had few lectures in the past. Last year we had:
- Marnie Kerridge (MK) presented on Why Deaf schools need to be valued)
- Caroline Colon (sign name) – Deaf Theatre: Yesterday, Today … Tomorrow?
- Colin Allen - ‘Colin Allen – the individual, - identity, influence and insight.
When nominating someone – please make sure you get their approval before you make the nomination on Deaf Australia’s website.
Head to our website for more information and to nominate – Nominations close on 30th June.