Position: Deaf Australia Chief Executive
Deaf Australia is the only Australian peak body managed by deaf people representing deaf people and their communities. It is committed to the advancement of self-determination for deaf people, and in particular, those who use Auslan.
The Chief Executive carries responsibility for managing the overall operation of Deaf Australia, including a range of programs and activities necessary for the provision of national representation and information services for deaf and hard of hearing people who use Auslan.
About the Role:
The Chief Executive, Deaf Australia has a strategic focus together with directing, overseeing, and evaluating operational functions. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Managing the portfolios in accordance with its strategic, business plan and budgets
• Leading, managing and growing a small team
• Developing and implementing strategic plans
• Providing expert advice to Government, business and community
• Grant/submission/report writing
This role will suit a senior leader who enjoys strategy and has a proven track record of success, working in a complex environment. You will enjoy building relationships and thrive off challenge and variety. We are looking for someone who:
• Demonstrates strategic leadership and management of services or products
• Has experience in managing budgets and expenditure
• Demonstrates ability to build and grow networks of internal and external stakeholders
• Will manage and lead teams
Our ideal candidate will have:
• A tertiary qualification in Social Work / Behavioural Sciences / Community Management / Business Management
• Experience in successfully leading and managing a service team
• Experience in planning, developing, and managing business plans and budgets
• Experience in writing policies and procedures
• Proven leadership and staff motivational qualities
For further information and/or send your application to:
Deaf Australia Chairperson, Debra Swann: email@example.com
Applications: Submit a resume together with a covering letter demonstrating your experience as per qualification and experience outlined in the Position Description.
Applications close 11 June 2021, 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.