Centrelink is currently VERY busy … some useful information to help assist you and Centrelink.
- If you have Newstart or other payments, DO NOT contact Centrelink – your extra payment will automatically arrive.
- If you are getting paid, not yet receive extra payment, please WAIT for 1 or 2 days to connect.
- If you have lost your job and need to apply payment ASAP, you can
- Go online and try to apply through MyGov ASAP. Try again when system is busy. Government will backpay your claim, you don’t need to lodge full claim immediately, but will need later.
- In person, go to Centrelink and please practice Social Distancing.
- Make a call to 132 850 via National Relay Service (expect queue for NRS and Centrelink).
DONT GIVE UP … Keep trying until you can lodge claim.