Deaf Australia is seeking 2 x Resource Officers who will be key members of the Deaf Australia’s team in providing information and support for deaf people who uses Auslan and servicing the members of the Australian Deaf Community in a truly diverse and multicultural group including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders, CALD, LGBQITA+, children and young people and vulnerable members. This position will focus on developing appropriate, accessible resources allowing Deaf people using Auslan as primary or preferred language to access information and resources to independently undertake various activities.
The Resource Officers shall work for 5 days (full time) a week until 30 June 2022 and will be expected to:
- Conduct surveys to identify resources, webinar and Professional Development priorities;
- Liaise and collaborate with website manager to establish effective information delivery including registration and online presentation;
- Prepare, develop and disseminate accessible information resources and trainings (including promotion and registrations);
- Presentation of workshop, training and presentation;
- Develop operational and sustainable processes, including program review;
- Prepare information, articles, researches, information sheets, and other information materials in consultation with relevant stakeholders;
- Undertake research to support the activities undertaken by Deaf Australia;
- Respond to information enquiries; and
- Other duties as required by Chief Executive.
For further inquiry for this position and/or to send expression of interest, please contact Mr. Kyle Miers, Chief Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your experience and attaching current resume/curriculum vitae.
Download here for Position Description.
EOI – Close 23 October 2020.
This project has been made possible through NDIS’s Information, Linkage and Capacity Grants.