The Fair Go Award is open to all organisations operating in Australia and is in recognition of exceptional efforts in giving Deaf people a fair go. Fair go is very much part of Australian culture.
Fair go: a chance, an adequate opportunity. Often used to describe a fair and reasonable course of action
How to enter
Organisations are nominated in recognition of exceptional efforts in giving Deaf people a fair go. Nominees can be nominated for their efforts in any field, e.g. education, service provision, health, telecommunications, employment etc. Some examples of reasons for nominating an organisation could be but are not limited to:
- Provides appropriate and high quality support for Deaf people to ensure equal access to education
- Affirmative action enabling Deaf people to participate in employment on a level playing field
- Provides high quality services enabling Deaf people to participate in community and society
- Provides programs to increase options and opportunities for Deaf people
- Provides appropriate services/support to enable Deaf people to equitably access a product or service Provides a high level of access to technology for Deaf people
Nominations may be made by
Any person who is an Ordinary member of Deaf Australia. Any Organisation which is an Ordinary Corporate member of Deaf Australia.
Awards Guidelines & Nomination Forms
Nominations for the 2020 awards close at 12 midnight on 05 September 2020.