Deaf Australia will hold its Twenty-Ninth Annual General Meeting on Friday 14 October 2016 at 4pm at John Pierce Centre at 25-35 High Street, PRAHAN, Vic 3181.
Deaf Australia’s Constitution (as amended on 22 November 2014) states:
Election of Board Directors:
- Nomination shall be in writing addressed to the Company Secretary and be signed by the nominee, proposer and seconder, all whom must be financial ordinary member of Deaf Australia. Please use Nomination form attached.
- Nomination must be lodged and received 21 days prior to the Annual General Meeting (nominations must be received by Thursday 22 September 2016.
- Voting for election for the Board is done before the Annual General Meeting.
- Only Ordinary Individual Members (1) are entitled to vote for Board of Directors. We will send you information on ballot voting once we receive nominations; and
- If we receive more than enough nominations, we will advise you how to ballot. We must receive ballot by Wednesday 12 October 2016. If we receive after 12 October 2016, it will not be accepted.
The current Board Directors:
- Todd Wright (NSW), Chairperson – continue to 2017
- Debbie Kennewell (SA) – continue to 2018
- Ramas McRae (Vic) – continue to 2018
- 2 x Director (vacancy)
The constitution dictates the following:
- Maximum (two) 2 board of Directors can be elected from same state;
- Up to 2 board directors to be elected at 2016 AGM;
After the AGM, the elected directors will determine its position.
- All members (Ordinary and Associate) are entitled to put items (things you want to talk about) on the Agenda for the Annual General Meeting.
- Written Notice of items for the Agenda must be received by Company Secretary by Thursday, 22 September 2015.
- Agenda, minutes and other papers will be sent to you on Friday 23 September 2016.
Voting at the Annual General Meeting:
- If you are an Ordinary Individual Members (1) or an Ordinary Organisation Members (2) you are entitled to vote at the Deaf Australia General meetings.
- If you are not coming to the Meeting, on 14 October, you may appoint another member as your proxy to vote to vote for you at Deaf Australia general meetings (proxy form attached). Proxy forms or email must be received by Thursday 13 October 2016.
NOTE: The person you choose as your proxy must be an Ordinary Individual Member of Deaf Australia.
- If you are an Associate Individual Member (3) or an Associate Organisation Member (4) of Deaf Australia, you are not entitled to vote at Deaf Australia’s general meetings. However, you are very welcome to attend the meeting – the meeting is open to all members and other interested people who are not members.
- Send your Board of Director Nomination form by Thursday 22 September 2016;
- Send Agenda Item by Thursday 22 September 2016;
- end your ballot for Board of Director by Wednesday 12 October 2016;
- Send your proxy form by Thursday, 13 October 2016.
Please post/email all items to Deaf Australia at PO Box 1348, Blackburn North, Victoria 3130 or fax at 03 8691 1324 or email at email@example.com. Thank you.
(1) An ordinary individual member is a deaf or hard of hearing person;
(2) An Ordinary Organisation is a national members where more than 50% of its board members are deaf or hard of hearing;
(3) An Associate Individual member is a non-deaf person;
(4) An Associate Organisation is any organisation that is does not have majority (more than 50%) of deaf/ hard of hearing board members.
Download a Nomination Form
Download a Proxy/Apology Form
[content_box style=”green-2″ title=”Deaf Australian of the year nominations are now open”] Don’t forget to place your nominations for Deaf Australian of the Year, Deaf Australia Youth of the Year and Fair Go Awards.
Nominations can be made online and close at 5pm on September 21, 2016. [/content_box]